Year 3 and 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome To Years 3 and 4!
To get in touch with Mr Rogers, please email: email@example.com
To get in touch with Mrs Caldwell, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Of course you can also ring school on 01270 918922
Our teaching team this year are: Mr Rogers (Class Teacher), Mrs Taylor, Miss Philips, Mrs White and Miss Baynham. Sometimes, Mrs Green will support maths learning. Mrs Haukesson also works with us in English and teaches the class on a Wednesday afternoon.
Our Autumn Term theme is ‘Ancient Egypt’ and our two main texts are ‘Egyptian Cinderella’ and ‘The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane’. We will be exploring different aspects of this theme in the high-quality books and poems we will be exploring.
Over the last year, the school has invested a great deal of money in new book band reading books as well as reading for pleasure texts. We have encouraged all children to take great care of these and make sure they return to school in the condition that they left.
All books are signed out to children under a library system and they will be expected to return their current book before they are allowed to take another. This system was in place at the end of last year and children did a fantastic job with returning and taking care of the books. I am sure that our Year 4s and new Year 3s will be the same!
Teachers can be contacted a number of ways. We will be on the Year 3/4 door at the end of each day, and will be able to discuss and issues or problems as soon as the children have been safely dismissed. Appointments can also be made for a phone call by contacting the school office. We also have our class e-mail if you would like to get in touch;
- PE will be every Friday so please ensure children come to school in their 'Fit Friday' kit.
- Please read with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- Homework will be sent out on Friday and is due back the following Wednesday. Children should bring their homework book home with work to complete.
- Children need to bring their own water bottles into school which they can access throughout the day. They can change their water regularly. Please do not allow other drinks such as juice, fizzy drinks etc. If children bring juices, smoothies etc. they should be kept only for lunch.
- Snack is 20p per day; please ensure children bring the correct amount as we cannot give out change (due to COVID). Alternatively, children can bring £1 for the whole week.
We have a busy year planned and we look forward to sharing the children's achievements and learning.
Please check the Autumn newsletter below.
Files to Download
Year 3 and 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 and 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 and 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3 and 4: Events items
There are no Events items to display