Local Academy Committee (LAC) members support the school and help to drive school improvement through involvement in school self-evaluation, agreeing priorities for development and monitoring and evaluating the actions taken and their impact on pupils. LAC members take the lead for a link area and provide the connection between the LAC and the school.
Full Local Academy Committee meetings are held at least once a term. The Local Academy Committee of the school is made up of a number of people from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the governors are staff, some are parents, some are members of the LA or local council and some are members of the local community. The school governors are a group of individuals who are nominated, elected or co-opted on to the Local Governing Body.
The Local Academy Committee has the following key link areas:
- Leadership & Management
- Disadvantaged & SEND Children
- Safeguarding and Health & Safety
- Wellbeing (including behaviour and emotional wellbeing)
- Wider Curriculum and EYFS
For more information, please follow the links below or click on the attached documents:
Find out more about each of our Governors
Aspire Educational Trust Governance Model
As a school we recognise that a diversity of thought, voices and perspectives is essential to good governance and the effective running of any organisation. We regularly collect diversity information from our governors and, depending on current data, can use this to:
- target recruitment to address gaps in experience and diversity
- develop and adapt board practices to ensure full participation
- prioritise training and awareness-raising in identified areas
- address potential ‘blind spots’ through seeking wider advice and perspectives on current and upcoming opportunities, challenges and risks
However, we are unable to publish this information as it would mean that individual members of our governing body are identifiable.