Year 1 and 2 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 1 and 2
We have lots of fun things happening throughout the year and this page will be continually updated with the learning we will be doing in school.
Details of what we will be learning about this year are detailed in our curriculum overview below.
Staff in Year 1 and 2:
Miss Fletcher - Class Teacher
Miss Shields - Teaching Assistant
Miss Holdbrook - Welfare Assistant
General Information to know about Year 1 and 2:
- Please ensure that items of clothing are clearly named. This will ensure that if anything goes missing, it can be quickly reunited with its owner.
- PE will be every Wednesday and Friday so please ensure children come to school in their PE kits on these days.
- Please read with your child everyday to help develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- New Ebooks will be added to the online library every Tuesday. These books will be the same books that your child is reading in school and they should be able to read this independently. In addition, your child will also come home with a school ibary book to share together at bedtime.
- Homework will be sent out on a Friday and is due back the following Wednesday.
- Please ensure your child has suitable footwear in school (wellies or old trainers) as we go outside and get muddy a lot.
- Children need to bring their own water bottles into school which they can access throughout the day and they will change their water regularly. Please do not allow other drinks such as juice, fizzy drinks etc. If children bring juices, smoothies etc. they should be kept only for lunch.
- Snack is 20p per day. Children will need to bring their snack money in a purse/wallet that they will hand to one of the adults in the classroom and kept safe in our snack box.
This term in writing we will be basing our writing all around the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'.
Children will be re-telling the story, writing a letter to the giant, and will be writing an non-chronological report of the giant.
This term year 1's will be learning: additive structures, addition and subtraction facts within 10 and number 0-20.
Year 2's will be learning: multiplication, division structures and fractions.
Our topic this term is the Use of everyday materials and their properties.
History and Geography
We will be delving into the history of Crewe and how the railway has impacted on the areas since the industrial revolution and we will be looking at the human and physical geographical features of Crewe compared to Sandbach.
This term our theme will be traditional fairytales and we will be reading lots of books on this theme and be re-telling these stories!
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 and 2 this term. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures!
Files to Download
Year 1 and 2: News items
Week beginning Monday 16th January 2023, by Mrs Rouse
Monday 9th January 2023 Newsletter, by Mrs Rouse
Monday 12th September 2022, by Mrs Rouse
Year 1 and 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 and 2: Gallery items
Using computers to make music, by Mrs Rouse
Year 1 and 2: Calendar items
Athletics Club, by Mrs Rouse
Eco Club, by Mrs Rouse
Cricket, by Mrs Rouse