Nursery Class 2023 - 2024
Welcome to our wonderful school and nursery
We are proud to welcome you to our wonderful nursery here at Sandbach Primary Academy. Our Nursery is the first steps of the journey for our children and we strive to ensure that all of our children have nothing but the best start in their ‘school’ life. Click here to find out more about our learning journey and to see some of our wonderful children developing their 'curiosity, awe and wonder' of learning. Starting from nursery, we nurture a love of reading books, stories and poems, click here to find out more about our approach to early reading. For further information to help you to support your child with saying their sounds and writing their letters please click here.
We are fortunate to be surrounded by some wonderful grounds; we have access to all of the school’s resources and different areas including: a woodland area, a garden area for planting, an outdoor classroom and a large field for endless opportunities for learning and fun. We value the outdoor environment and see this as a continuation of our indoor environment to extend our learning.
We are very proud of the care and support we provide both our children and their families. We understand that all children are unique and learn in different ways. The day to day activities are adapted to suit the needs and interests to make their time with us both stimulating and fun. Our children learn and develop in a safe, happy and exciting environment and will be ready for school at the end of their time with us. We use our 'Learning Powers' to guide our learning, build our resilience and help us to make decisions.
Our Nursery is led by Mrs Blackman. Let’s begin by introducing our fantastic nursery team:
Mrs Blackman – "I have worked at Sandbach Primary Academy for many years and I love to sing, tell stories and learn more about the world."
Mrs Rouse – "I have worked in the nursery at Sandbach Primary Academy for many years. I enjoy music activities and like to sing with the nursery children."
Miss Vernon - I am passionate about my role at Sandbach Primary Academy and ensuring all children achieve their goals and dreams. I love any kinds of arts and crafts and you will often find me hiding in the forest!
If you have any questions, Mrs Blackman or Mrs Rouse will be at the outside door every morning to welcome the children as well as at the end of the day or you can leave a message at the school office for us to contact you.
- We encourage the children to bring in their own water bottles which they can access throughout the day, especially when it is hot.
- When the weather is warmer, please apply sun cream before your child comes to school every morning and bring in a hat with your child's name on it.
- When the weather is colder (and wet), please remember to send your child with a hat and gloves. It is helpful to leave a pair or named wellington boots in school for when we work in the outside classroom, woodland area or school field.
- Library books will be sent home with your child on a Monday (or later in the week if they do not attend on Mondays). It is important that these books are returned every week please.
- Please try to read to your child as often as possible. This is a great time to bond with your child and create a love for books and reading. Reading together is one of our favourite times in nursery.
- Whilst your children are learning through play, they may get their clothes messy. We therefore encourage you to send them in clothes that are comfortable, practical and that the children can manage themselves. You might like to send a number of changes of clothing with your child each day including socks and pants.
- Keep an eye on our 'This week in the Classroom' page on the nursery website. This is updated every Thursday with all the exciting things that we have shared together in nursery that week.
Files to Download
Nursery Class: News items
There are no News items to display
Nursery Class: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Nursery Class: Gallery items
Nursery Class: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display